The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is a 58-year federal workplace giving tradition that has raised more than $8.3 billion for charitable organizations. It is one of the largest workplace giving campaigns in the world. The funds raised each fall through this campaign help neighbors in need around the corner, across the nation, and throughout the world.
How the CFC Works
- Choose your cause. Whether you care about youth development, military families, housing and shelter, or animal welfare - the CFC has a charity for any cause you want to support. You can even give to multiple charities with one pledge.
- Make your pledge. The online pledge portal allows you to easily renew your pledge each year and offers the full range of pledge options (payroll deduction, e-check, credit/debit card, volunteer hours for federal employees). Paper pledge forms as also available.
- Help is on the way. Thanks to your generosity, your chosen charities will make a difference in your local community, across the nation, and around the world.
for campaign workers
- Prepare for your role. Learn about the CFC and your responsibilities as a campaign worker through training and resources. Choose your cause and make your pledge before encouraging others to give.
- Inspire your colleagues. Promote the campaign. Plan fun events, involve charities, use inspirational stories, include leadership, and personally ask your colleagues to join you in giving. Make giving easy by assisting with online donations and paper pledge submissions.
- Help is on the way. Your efforts will bring help and hope to millions of people as monetary and volunteer pledges go to support the missions of thousands of participating charities.
- Apply to participate. Be a part of the official workplace Irvine campaign for the federal community and gain access to millions of potential donors around the world through one online application. CFC donations provide a critical source of unrestricted funding throughout the year.
- Engage the federal community. Attend campaign events, promote your CFC number with your existing donor base, and share success stories and videos to inspire generosity. Make sure to thank donors and coordinate with those who pledged volunteer hours.
- Make a difference. Put the generosity of the federal community to work to provide help and hope to those who need it most in your local community, across the nation, and around the world.
Why Give through the CFC
The CFC is your campaign (as a member of the federal community) and has some special benefits. Here are six great reasons to give through the CFC.
1. The hard part is done. Thousands of charities are already vetted and approved for you to choose from.
2. It's so convenient. You can pledge via payroll deduction and spread your gift out over the course of the year.
3. You choose your favorites. You can even support multiple charities in one pledge.
4. It's easy to renew. The secure online giving platform makes it easy to renew your gift each year.
5. You can even volunteer. Don't limit your giving! Extend your impact by pledging volunteer hours.
6. We can have a BIG impact. Together we have a collective impact, supporting thousands of charities that depend on our generosity.
For a history of the Combined Federal Campaign, please visit the OPM website.