Although giving online is easier than ever, some donors may still prefer to give using a paper pledge form. If so, they can submit forms directly to their Keyworker or Campaign Manager. If pledge forms are submitted to Keyworkers, they must be stored in a secure location until they are able to be delivered to the Campaign Manager/Coordinator. Forms should be reviewed for legibility, details, and calculation of the charity allocations.
To submit pledge forms, Campaign Managers/Coordinators should download and complete the CFC Pledge Report Summary. After proofing and reviewing the pledges for errors, common or otherwise (see below for exmaples), enclose the Pledge Report Summary and the completed paper pledge forms in the Pledge Report Envelope and mail to the CFC Processing Center. Official government mail may be used to send paper pledge forms.
Campaign Managers/Coordinators should mail all completed pledges to the CFC Processing Center at P.O. Box 7820 Madison, WI 53707-7820.
Common Pledge Form Errors
Having donors submit their paper pledge form to a campaign worker allows the campaign worker to check for common pledge form errors. All required fields (marked with an asterisk *) must be completed. Pledge forms missing required information will experience processing delays and/or potentially will not be able to be processed.
The most common pledge form errors include:
- Illegible writing
- Total gift and charity designation amounts are not the same
- Funds are undesignated (all funds must be designated using a 5-digit charity code)
- Reporting Unit information is missing or not accurate (Department name in the “Federal Department” box, Agency name in the “Federal Agency” box, Reporting Unit name in the “Office/Unit” box)
- Authorizations portion is NOT signed
- Social Security number is missing for a payroll deduction pledge (Social Security numbers are only needed for payroll deduction)
Donors who wish to submit a confidential pledge may insert their pledge form in a plain white envelope and write "confidential" on the outside. Campaign workers should not open these envelopes, but rather submit them straight to the CCA processing center. NOTE: Donors may mail their pledge directly to the CCA themselves and if requested should be provided with the processing center mailing address.